Monday, November 2, 2009

Gooey Butter Cake

I realize I don't USUALLY post again so quickly. I feel like 90% of the time there's at least a 10 day down period but this recipe was too good to pass up. First of all when told about the cake for the first time by a one, Stephanie Emburey - her exact words were - It's like eating a hug. With that said, I knew I had to try it.

Low and behold, I actually HAD all the ingredients! Incredibly rare but true, and with Zack's birthday on Wednesday, I figured now would be as good a time as ever to give it a try. Here's the link to the recipe I used - http://www.treehousekitchen.com/2009/03/paula-deen-gooey-butter-cake-recipe.html - I actually started with another recipe but quickly (and thankfully) realized it was not correct! What I loved about this PARTICULAR recipe is it's list of other options for what to do with the cake!!

So with that said, my notes about the recipe:

1. It's SUPER easy to make. I like this string of easy desserts I'm trying out. The easier and more delicious, the better!

2. I'm sad that I didn't investigate all the versions of the cake you can make. While I knew there was a pumpkin variety, I wasn't aware of ALL the different kinds you can make. Zack and I decided the next time I make it we're going to do the banana version, and maybe add some walnuts or something. Or chocolate - everything is better with chocolate!

Look out for some other new recipes, possibly coming soon... possibly not... the world will never know :) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment