Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Katie's Chicken Recipe

So I asked a few friends to submit recipes they were trying and loved. Or hated and wanted me to know about it. The first friend to send me a recipe was Katie. She had explained the recipe to me before but now that I see it written out it looks extra delicious. I can't wait to try it. I'm actually trying a pork thing with pecan's tomorrow so I'll probably wait a week or so to try this one, but it'll be soon and I'll update this post with what I thought of it. Katie though, thinks very highly of it, and based on previous eating experiences at her house, I believe her. haha.

I should also add that Katie is new to the cooking scene. I believe she told me that prior to moving in with Jason she was pretty much just eating boxes of macarroni and cheese when she had to fend for herself, so this is a long way for her so soon! Anything stuffed always seems like it's going to be a difficult dish for me but if Katie can do it, so can I! Also I think the recipe came from a Betty Crocker cook book, but Katie added some of her own touches to it.

Cheese-stuffed Chicken
3 to 4 Boneless chicken breast (1.5 - 2lbs)
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup chopped cocktail peanuts
2 slices, cooked and chopped OR 1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces
Salt and ground black pepper
Paprika
Ranch dressing (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut fat off chicken, cut a pocket into the chicken breast from end to end careful not to cut completely through the breast

Combine the cheeses, bacon and peanuts into a bowl, stir well. Pack the mixture into the pockets, try and pull the top piece over to somewhat close the pocket.

Place into baking dish, sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika

Cook uncovered for 50-55 minutes.

If you want drizzle ranch dressing over chicken once it is done.

Tips from Katie: depending on how much chicken you have will really depend on how much cheese you use. I tend to use more cheese than the recipe calls for and I make sure the chicken breasts are completely stuffed. Whatever mixture I have left over I will spread on top of each breast once they are in the pan, along with the salt, pepper and paprika. 53 minutes in my oven cooks them perfectly. And I highly recommend using the ranch dressing on them once they are done. This is Jason's favorite dish I have made him thus far. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for speaking so highly of me Kelly!

    I'll send you that enchilada reciepe soon!!!

    ReplyDelete