Friday, September 25, 2009

Apple Cider Chicken

So for this recipe I was skimming through the "What's in Season" section of the food network and came across a recipe using apples and onions. Not exactly my idea of awesome but I thought it was worth a try. Zack likes most things apple related so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Here's the link to the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chicken-with-apple-onion-and-cider-sauce-recipe2/index.html

So as far as things I'd change, I can't really say there's anything I would change. It was a really great meal. The onions added a great sweetness. Is that the difference between red onions and other onions? That they're sweeter? I'm not entirely sure. Let's see... according to wikipedia, red onions have a mild to sweet flavor. They're also apparently the most often to be consumed raw. Gross. No thank you. Shockingly the wikipedia page for the various types of onions so that's all I've got. But that's ok.

The only thing I'd change about this recipe is simply that once it's close to done, you may want to add some salt/pepper to it. I thought it was alright but Zack was saying it was missing something, but then when we added the salt and pepper it was like - wow, this is good! So I guess it did need a bit of that, but that was it. Other than that I'm pretty sure I stuck to the recipe exactly. Also, I made it with some of the long grain rice, and the rice soaks up the sauce really well and that was delicious!!! I could've made that sauce just to serve it with the rice. Screw the chicken! Anyway, it was very good. Thanks food network kitchens. You know what's up!

No comments:

Post a Comment